Friday, August 5, 2011

Clare Hynes: Jewellery

Generally I HATE beads, and as a trained jeweller I reserve the right to scoff at “craft” jewellery, rather than the proper “crafted”, I made this while loosing blood, and the price is justified by my blisters, type of jewellery. I don't want it to seem that I'm rubbishing “craft”, even though I am.

However, I recently came across Claire Hynes, (twitter actually, go follow!) as I glided across her site, I was prepared to instantly move off, but as I scrolled down I caught myself saying “that's nice” “interesting” and finally, “ohhhh!”..

Now, this shouldn’t happen when I'm looking at this type of jewellery, I'm a frightful snob when it comes to this kind of thing, but her work is great! I really recommend you go have a look at some of her work, as it really captures the trends that are doing the rounds at the moment, plus some of her work is strikingly unique and stands alone in its style.

 

http://www.clarehynesjewellery.com/

 

 

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment