Thursday, September 22, 2011

F7 Shop: Welcome Mabel Hasell

We would like to welcome Mabel Hasell onto F7’s shop, her work has been some of the highest viewed since launch, and pretty much all of the feedback we have received so far has been about how people just love her pieces.
We conducted a short interview for you to learn more about her, and her jewellery. 
You can buy her fantastic work from: F7 Shop
How do you start your design process?
I use the stones as a starting point, there colour, shape and size determine the design completely.


How did you come up with such an interesting solution as Floating Gems?
I wanted to create something different and design jewellery where the stones aren’t set where you would expect them to be. This approach allowed me to create unorthodox pieces that emphasised the vibrant gemstones even more so than just setting them traditionally.


Since graduating what have you been up to?
I have been developing my collection, taking part in exhibitions, fairs and I have taken on commissions.


What are your future ambitions?
I would love to have a collection of gold pieces and my own boutique.


What is the most important piece of jewellery you own?
It would have to be my big cluster ring I made when I was at university. It is so unique and I love how the gems have clustered.
Floating Gems CuffFloating Gems BraceletFloating Gems Ring 2Crystal Ring 4Crystal Ring 3Crystal Ring 2Floating Gems Earrings 1Floating Gems Ball Necklace 1
you can buy her fantastic work from: F7 Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment