Friday, October 7, 2011

Esther Lord : Silversmith




She writes;
In my current work I am exploring containment and volume, and investigating light and surface pattern. I want to create intriguing, complex pieces, which can engage on an artistic level, but retain reference to function.
My work is inspired by structure and form in the urban and natural landscape. I am particularly attracted to groupings of objects. Relationships between forms can be used as a metaphor for the exploration of social constructs, human interaction, and the symbiotic relationships evident in nature and the built environment. I see beauty in irregularity. The play of light and shadow over angular surfaces, overlapping planes and transposed layers creates dynamism and movement.
A strong connection with technique and material is important to me; allowing the behaviour of the metal, and the making process to play a role in dictating the outcome of a piece.
estherlord.com
imageimageimageimage
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment